So I picked up this book called 52 Lists for Happiness. I bought it last year and did some of the activities but didn’t write them down in the book. Probably because this time last year I was working full time and a little overwhelmed with work. I am currently unemployed but looking. Staying in the positive. When I first started this I thought I had to write a list of 52 things. (eye roll) Sometimes I take things way too literal.
Today’s list is
List What Makes You Happy Right Now.
- Snowy days- being in the nice warm house looking out at it. But I also like walking in the snow, shoveling the snow and playing in it. I feel like there is something so clean and crisp about winter.
- Playing with Lucy. There is something amazing about rolling around on the floor with Lucy that warms my heart.
- Dancing- listening to music that makes me want to move. Really raises my spirit.
- Laughing. – Something I truly miss about my sister. Mark is a good substitute, and my brothers are pretty awesome about laughing about the stupid things that happen in life.
- Watching wildlife- whether it is the birds, rabbits, squirrels, or turkeys or any number of wild animals.
- Clean sheets-
- Soaking my feet in bath salts before I go to bed.
- Making healthy yummy food to share. I made these amazing Raspberry, almond flour, coconut sugar, tahini, sesame seed cookies and I can’t get enough of them.
- Writing – and sending postcards to people. The idea I might bring a little joy to people makes me happy.
- Posting my post-it notes on the T or around town.
- A clean bedroom. Or at least an attempt at being clean.
- Teaching- sharing ideas. Learning
- Adding ideas to this list.